Have you heard of an accent vlog?? I first saw the beautiful Jenna from Jenna's Journey post her accent vlog (sorry Jenna but your hubby's vlog was more entertaining! I love his country twaaangggg!) and then Michelle from The Vintage Apple posted her hysterical accent vlog that same week! I love it when bloggers post videos so I can match their voice to their writing.
Although I despise my mousey video voice (please don't confuse me with a Justin Beiber loving teeny bopper), I hopped on the accent vlog train. Oh! And Jon agreed to do one too!
The instructions are to say the words listed below. I guess people with accents say these words differently?
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
And answer these questions:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
So are you dying to hear how I pronounce caramel!?
Please note a few things about this video:
- I just finished power yoga so excuse my appearance
- We filmed it with our FlipCam so Jon is holding up a piece of paper for me to read...that explains my wandering eyes
- Ernie was so cute cuddled up on my lap but halfway through the video starts ripping some serious ass gas. I am glad you can't smell him...
Ruthie's Accent Vlog
Jon's Accent Vlog
So what do ya think...do either of us have an accent? I've decided I am going to make my own Mid West accent vlog word list and make Jon say them. For example... MAAAAAAAMM (mom) & TRAAAAVEL (travel).
Have you done the accent vlog thing? If so, leave a comment with your link! And be sure to link up with Jenna!