This past weekend was spent at my parents beautiful lakehouse on Lake LBJ. It's taken me a day or two to fully recover from all the eating and relaxing we did. Yep, I needed time to recover from relaxing...the lakehouse does that to ya. It was just my parents, my sister and her husband, my little brother and us...we missed you Tomi (my little sis who just started her sophomore year at A&M). Jon and I headed up to the lake on Saturday morning. Friday night Jon had his fantasy draft (good bye husband for 3 months!) and we watched Baylor kick some TCU ace.
Thanks to my mom and sis for taking a few pictures that I stole from Facebook for this post! My birthday is in a couple of weeks and
the my plan is to get a nice camera. Jon is totally on board knowing it will be an investment (that is if I can learn how to use it) but pretty much wants to wait until the day before my birthday to go look. I am too antsy and anxious! I practiced with Ernie this weekend with my mom's camera...
A couple of my parents friends have recently bought lakehouses on the same lake so it was fun to spend time with good friends on the boat, playing cornhole and enjoying the beautiful weather we are having.
No that is not me in the middle! That is our family friend who multiple people have mistaken us for each other (her husband thought I was her this weekend!).
My brother in law Jacob and Jon were corn hole partners this weekend. I think they whooped up on my dad a few times but let's face it, the Fanning athleticism trumps all (hehe okay maybe just my dad and brother)
Let's give my mom some love for her new patriotic buntings! The buntings were kind of the joke of the weekend, to the men at least who did not understand the point of $5 buntings (they were 75% off!). I think they look awesome!
Here is my sister's cutie lab Athena who was sunning under an umbrella on Saturday. This could seriously be a cover of a magazine! Luxury Labradors Magazine??
Ernie and his cousin have a hit or miss relationship. I mean what well behaved 5 year old lab wants to hang out with an over excited wild puppy? They were pretty funny playing together considering their size difference.
My mom took this pic of her two grandpuppies. The dogs obviously haven't learned the Fanning pose (my maiden name and with 4 ladies in the family, we know how to take a picture)
Little brother, James looking like a teenager...oh wait he is one!
My little sister, Tomi, just joined the same sorority I was in at Texas A&M (Delta Gamma) and since she couldn't make it to the lake, we took a picture doing the signature "Anchors Away" pose with our make shift Krispy Kreme sailor hats. Warning...no makeup, XL shirt, Monday morning....
This was one of my favorite lakehouse weekends. I was just at peace and happy.
Other highlights of the weekend:
- Jon and I took a wave runner ride to a highschool friend of mine's lakehouse to catch up. I loved it!
- Goat cheese & honey dip, cake balls, buffalo chicken dip, sausage balls, biscuits and gravy...enough said
- No Worries Margaritas- I love these! It is a low sugar/low calorie margarita mix that I add vodka and Fresca too. It doesn't make you feel bloated at all
- The men golfed on Sunday morning while the ladies baked, read magazines, yoga'ed and gossiped...1950's much
- Unplugging! I am so glad I can fully unplug at the lakehouse. I do read emails and check my phone but I never really respond (which made for a super busy Tuesday morning but worth it)
So 2 questions for this morning:
1. What did you do for labor day? Did you eat your body weight in hotdogs or tan your skin to match the Canadian flag?
2. I need camera advice!! I am looking at a few different Nikons and would love some input. DSLR vs. SLR? 5d? 7d? I want a nice camera but one I can figure out and actually use! FYI I am very impatient and hate reading directions :-)