Today's post is random, hence the title. I laid in bed this morning thinking of all the random stuff I could blog about today, none of them being interesting (or long) enough for it's own post. So you get Ruthie hodge podge today! (I love how Megan does Midweek Randoms!)
- Jon is normally pretty clean shaven because he is in sales. For the past 3 weeks he has been letting his facial hair grow since he hasn't had any customer facing meetings (only calls). I have never seen his "whiskers" this long, he is a different man! He has meetings in Houston today so he shaved last night and came out looking like this...
I used the 1970's instagram option...how creepy is this picture!! Porn star? America's most wanted? Cheesy car salesman? What do you think? Oh and don't worry, he shaved before his meetings today!
- We have a friend in town from Dallas this week who is interviewing in Austin. We will be so excited for him to get the opportunity to move here and the chances are looking good! We have lots of fun stuff planned this weekend to give him a taste of Austin. We got froyo last night and watched Bruno (it was his first time ha!).
- Has anyone seen the weird Salonpas commercials?
I can't find my favorite commercial on YouTube but this one is pretty funny. Click here. Is it just us or does Salonpas sound like some disgusting hair removal thing (it is a pain patch)? We are so creeped out by the way they say "Salonpaassss" in the commercials, it is a running joke between friends. And look what Costco has a coupon for this month!
Unfortunately I didn't need 120 pain reliever patches. Has anyone tried it??
- Check out the weather forecast for rain in Austin. How is it the entire US will be getting rain this week..but us! The map was too funny not to capture
- Jon sent me this picture yesterday of Ernie sleeping. He always seems to lay on the remote at just the right angle...
- This week was my brother's first football game of the season! It was a tough loss but it was so much fun to see James on the field and so grown up. He played a little QB, receiver and safety. He must of impressed someone because he now has a girlfriend ;-). So cute. Can't wait for Ranger Monday Night Football this fall!
- Tuesday we joined a new small group. We really enjoyed the company, conversation and fellowship, this is exactly what we have been praying for.
- My 2 favorite songs of the moment are Mr. Saxobeat and Moves Like Jagger....call me a teeny bopper but I can't get enough of those songs! Oh and Jon loves them too.
- Tomorrow we are hosting a "Badass Bowling Bananza" (aka an excuse to dress up). The theme is anything Kingpin/Big Lebowski and we are making a Goodwill trip this afternoon. Can't wait to see what my hubby comes up with this time...
This was at a sorority crush party, "Where will you be in 10 years". Crossing our fingers, hopefully we won't be white trash but we did win money for those costumes! Calves much?!
I feel like I could go on and on about the random stuff going on this week but I don't want to put you to sleep.
So what random things do you have goin' on this week? What's your favorite song of the moment? Or your favorite/creepy commercial on TV?