We have what you may call a Mexican food tooth. Kind of like a sweet tooth, we could eat Mexican food everyday! Jon chose this recipe and we made together (I changed up the original quite a bit).
3 Flat Out whole wheat wraps
1 lb ground meat, cooked (original recipe was vegetarian)
2 tablespoons canola oil
Large onion, diced
1 diced jalapeno (remove the seeds)
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
Salt and pepper
2 cans black beans, drained
1 can corn
4 scallions, thinly sliced
8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin. Cook until softened
- Add beans and meat and bring to a boil.
- Stir in corn and scallions, and remove from heat.
- Add garlic salt (and salt and pepper to taste)
- Place 1 Flat Out wrap in the bottom of a glass pie dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of the meat mixture over the tortilla and top with shredded cheese
- Repeat process for 2 more tortillas ended up with the meat mixture on top. Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling
- Top with fresh salsa and enjoy!