Lot's of randoms have been building up so here is another list of The Musings of Ruthie Hart
- I leave on Sunday for a week long tradeshow in Santa Clara for work. I've planned it for the most part from start to finish so I am pretty excited. I am guessing I will have no time (or access) to blogging so I have a few special posts in the works for you :-). I am apologizing in advance for not commenting on blogs next week. This is the longest I've ever been away from my hubby and Ernie...yes I am sad.
- Last week when Jon and I were driving home from a football game, we started talking about Poltergeist and he told me that the actress died during filming. I went to google more about the story and couldn't help but to laugh at the recent searches on my iphone.
- Notes about my searches. Fundamentalist Mormons- googled while watching Sisterwives. Covenant marriage- after reading Jenna's post, was hoping it was offered in Texas. Chocolate drumstick- telling Jon about ice cream day back in elementary school, still can't figure out the name of my favorite treat. Goucher college- we were behind someone who had a decal of Texas A&M and Goucher College on their car. We didn't know what Goucher was. Other searches are self explanatory (yet weird too).
- I found this carrot in my bag of 'baby carrots' last week. I wanted to compare it to my iphone because it was just as big but then I couldn't take a pic. This is my checkbook.
- Yogurtland has pumpkin pie yogurt! It was good...but nothing beats their Ghiradelli chocolate froyo.
- Our friends brought 3 40's over to our house 2 weeks ago. After polishing them off, Ross suggested I do some sort of sand art with the bottles and post em on the blog. I don't know about yall but I LOVED doing Rose Art Sand Art growing up.
- Austin has a great Christian radio station. It is a preset in my car, right next to the rap station :-). Monday I was driving home from work and Spirit was playing ONLY Christmas music (and it was 81 degrees). I don't allow myself Christmas music until after Thanksgiving
- I downloaded a Photoshop app on my iPhone. It is pretty darn cool. Mustaches look cooler in the 70s (or photoshopped 70s)
- We love Family Guy. Even though this had nothing to do with the episode, I had to take a picture
- Have you done the IOS iPhone update?? FYI it takes forever and I lost some apps but there are some cool things to it. The best is iMessage. I can now "text" people who don't have unlimited text messaging for free. You can also access your camera while your phone is locked which is nice.
- I've been hanging out with some girls from bible study and it has been so great. I have been praying for this and God answered. I was talking to my sister about this earlier in the week. Being a Christian is more than going to church on Sundays. God wants us to be The Body and share His word in the community. I am really looking forward to building these friendships.
- Tonight I will be conquering not 1 but 3 new Pinterest recipes. 1 for dinner tonight and 2 (appetizer and dessert) for a family get together tomorrow. I challenge you to actually make one of your Pinterest recipes this weekend. Do it!
- Our church does a communion worship service once a month on Wednesday evenings. In October, the service was held in the Austin City Limits (ACL) building downtown and we took mobile communion...
- Remember that adorable baby Ernie was playing with last week? He is going to be a big brother!! One of my best friends Mary is pregnant! Here is how they made it "Facebook official". yesterday God he is cute!
- Speaking of babies, I love that new Christina Applegate show Up All Night. You don't really have to watch previous episodes to understand, it is so funny!
- I want to leave you all with some videos I've made with still photos of my brothers football games. He is one heck of a quarterback, safety and last week- punter and kicker!
So what random stuff do you have going on in your life??