6 slices raw bacon
Refrigerated pie crust
6-7 small apples (granny smith was recommend but I used gala)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut each piece of bacon in half long ways (I used kitchen scissors, super easy).
3. Cover jelly roll pan (or baking sheet with edges) with foil and create a lattice with the raw bacon slices
4. Cover the lattice with more tin foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. I flipped mine halfway through baking
5. Meanwhile, peel and core all the apples cutting them into fourths and then each slice in half again. Use your best judgement on size.
6. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan/skillet over medium heat and saute the apples for 6-8 minutes
7. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the apples and cook another 3-5 minutes
8. Once the bacon is done, remove from oven and lower heat to 350 degrees.
9. Brush your pie crust with 1 tbsp maple syrup
10. Pour the sauteed apples into the pie crust and top with 1 tbsp butter broken up into pieces
11. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
12. Remove the pie and carefully top with the bacon lattice
13. Brush the lattice with remaining maple syrup and bake for an additional 15 minutes
14. Let cool and enjoy!
(I only used 5 apples so I recommend more, my pie wasn't as full as I would have liked)