Lucy Joy is TWO today! I can't believe two years have passed since I laid eyes on my beautiful daughter. Year 2 has been full of change for her but she is a loving big sister, a silly little sister, and a spunky, spirited, and funny little girl. Her vocabulary is incredible and she is physically strong and brave. We love this sweet lady with all of our hearts and cannot wait to celebrate her today!
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Yep you read that right, Team Hart is relocating to another part of Austin! The possibility of moving is something we have been praying about for 9 months now and we are so excited to see what the next chapter holds. We felt God calling us to another part of the city for diversity, mission, and to be closer to our family and church family. We closed on our new house a few weeks ago but won't move until later this summer once a full renovation is complete! Our current house goes on the market tomorrow so if you are interested, shoot me an email! I honestly never thought we'd leave this house or neighborhood (or move with 3 young kiddos) but God keeps making this path crystal clear. We would love your prayers as we sell our home (hopefully quickly!), tackle a fixer upper, and make the transition out of a house and community we've known for 6 years. It is so cool to think that many of you found my blog from our House Hunters episode and now that chapter of life is closing! Now please tell me how I can get Chip and JoAnna to come renovate our house in Austin!
Friday, April 7, 2017
I've never been so happy to see 5 months come... but never so tired. This month has been quite exhausting, but also lots of fun. The day after he turned 4 months old, 4 month sleep regression started and G man seems to think he is a newborn who wants to be up and eat all.night.long. This mama is not sure what to do but we are powering through and loving that our baby boy is sweet, easy going, happy, and laid back during the days. The smiles and laughs are golden, I love seeing his little personality develop! Gideon we love you so much baby boy, please sleep for us!
- 15lb 10oz (taken on home scale)
- Like I said above, sleep has not been good at all this past month. Bedtime is between 7:30-8pm and every single night is unpredictable but he has only slept through the night once in the past 5 weeks. I know it is just a phase and we will power through. We are currently using the Merlin suit and sleep sacks instead of the swaddle.
- He is a pretty good napper.... I am trying to get him to be flexible and nap on the go and he takes great naps in his crib at home.
- Wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 disposable diapers
- Gideon's eczema just got so bad the past few weeks that we decided to switch to a hypoallergenic dairy free formula (Nutramigen). We are 1 week in and his face looks SO MUCH better thank you Lord! He seems to have adjusted pretty well to the taste of it but the smell is repulsing. We are hoping this helps clear up is "snurfiness" too. We go to the doctor in a few weeks for his 6 month appointment and I am hoping to get him some allergy testing so we can find out what he is allergic to before we start baby food. This boy is an eater! He eats 4-6oz every 2-3 hours... always eating!
- Lots and lots of smiles and they are just infectious. He is so easy to get to smile and laugh. Ford and Lucy love singing and doing funny things to get him to belly laugh. I think he totally recognizes them as brother and sister. They also love helping with him... grabbing toys and bottles and pacifiers.
- He rolls and rolls and rolls! I am hoping he can start sleeping on his tummy soon but anytime he flips to his tummy, he is over it in about 5 minutes.
- He is very ticklish!
- He loves his Zoli teether, Freddy the Firefly, and Nubi teethers. He is getting so good at holding and grasping toys... he loves his playmat too!
- He prefers standing over sitting up but seems to enjoy the Sit Me Up Chair and Bumbo in 10 minute increments. He is still a little wobbly in the exersaucer but we prop him up and he thinks he is so big.
- We got our court date to finalize his adoption at the end of May, we are so excited!
Sunday, April 2, 2017
The past few months have been pure chaos... and they may be putting it lightly! Living in a hotel for a few months while our flooded house was remodeled, bringing a baby home, months of sickness, holidays, sleepless nights....and the last thing I have wanted to do was cook. My sweet friends set up a meal calendar for us when Gideon came home and we had dinner brought to us for two whole months, what a life saver. Note, bringing a meal to new parents is just about the best thing you can do. Forget baby clothes and flowers, bring them food! We still were under the weather and not sleeping much when the meal calendar ended so I resorted to frozen meals from Trader Joe's which happen to me so stinking delicious, most of the time organic, cheap, and easy. The past couple of weeks I've felt like I am emerging from my post newborn cocoon (even though 4 month sleep regression has hit us HARD) and all of the sudden ready to be back in the kitchen making dinner. I've always loved trying new recipes... Jon always jokes that we never eat the same thing twice (thank you Pinterest)...but these days I don't have much time to prepare dinner. I used to love spending nap time prepping meals while catching up on shows but naps are all over the place these days and I almost always have a kiddo awake with me so it complicates my meal prep time. Anyway, I realize I am rambling and need to get to the point. My sister and I are constantly swapping recipes on the daily and we've fallen in love with sheet pan meals as of late. Once I find a recipe I love, I tend to make a bunch of other recipes from the same food blogger. I've been posting my dinner creations on my Instagram stories and get lots of messages about the recipes so I decided to compile some of the yummy and EASY recipes I've been making lately. If it takes me longer than 30 minutes to prep, it ain't gonna happen. Lots of these meals are one pan recipes and things that will take you mere minutes to prepare. I hope you find some new dinners to add to your rotation!
One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken via Damn Delicious
Sheet Pan Asian Stir Fry via Damn Delicious
Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan via The Cookie Rookie
*I used fresh broccoli not frozen
Sweet Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli via Cooking Light
*I use angel hair pasta noodles instead of Soba
Baked Ravioli via Damn Delicious
*I added ground Italian turkey to the meat sauce for added protein
Korean Style Crock Pot Shortribs via Food.com
*Jon says this is his favorite meal and I am making it for his birthday next week! We love it served with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans
Shrimp and Rice Casserole via Eat, Live, Run
Sheet Pan Steak and Fries via Damn Delicious
*The fries were out of this world! Going to make those with other dinners!
5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Pie via Paleo OMG
*We are not Paleo but this was one of the most delicious meals ever!
Chicken Pot Pie via Taste of Home