Okay so I know I start out every meatloaf post with this same thought... call me old fashioned but I love meatloaf! It is delicious, so stinking easy, and fun to add different ingredients to mix it up. Now please don't judge the recipe by the pictures below because they look more like weird brown meat lumps but Jon and I couldn't have shoveled these in fast enough. Chunks of real cheddar cheese melted inside the meatloaf and hints of sweet BBQ sauce. Come on y'all. Make these mini BBQ cheddar meatloaves asap. Even Lucy gobbled these up, now that's saying something!
1 onion, chopped
1 olive oil
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 egg, whisked
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp BBQ sauce, divided
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 oz cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
1. Saute onion in oil and season with salt
2. Meanwhile, mix ground meat, egg, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tbsp BBQ sauce and bread crumbs.
3. Fold in the cheddar cheese cubes
4. Form 4 small loaves with meat and place onto a foil lined jelly roll pan
5. Coat each loaf with remaining BBQ sauce (I used a BBQ sauce brush)
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes