All of the sudden I've been having cravings for Asian inspired dishes which makes my husband very very happy. I am also utilizing my crock pot a lot more because it's nice outside and we've been spending the afternoons in the backyard or at the park and the last thing I want to do is come home and stand over a hot stove for an hour making dinner. I know in the coming months we'll be at the pool in the afternoons as well so I want to add more recipes to my recipe box for the summer. This cashew chicken caught my eye because I love cashews and was excited to try it. It took a little prep in the morning which is fine because I always try to do chores or meal prep during Lucy's morning nap while I let Ford watch a show or play on the iPad. It was pretty darn easy and so delicious!
2lbs boneless skinless chicken, raw
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsbp ketcup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes (more if you want spicier)
3/4 cup lightly salted cashews
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. In a bowl coat chicken in flour and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet and pan sear chicken for 5 minutes (you do not have to fully cook the chicken)
3. Meanwhile, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
4. Place chicken in crock pot and top with mixed sauce
5. Cook on low for 3-4 hours
6. Stir in cashews right before serving
7. Serve with white rice and topped with chopped green onions