- Wednesday 7/31, 39w2d I woke up and had a steady flow of liquid leaking for about 20-30 minutes. I had heard that you hear a sound and feel a gush when your waters break but the doctor wanted us to come in. We were monitored on the NST and I had a few contractions but the fluid came back negative for amniotic fluid so it was most likely cervical fluid (not pee because it was cloudy). I was still 2cm and 70% effaced so he did a light membrane sweep. I did end up losing my entire mucus plug between that appointment and Friday (confirmed this yesterday) but still no baby!
- Yesterday 8/5, 40w due date appointment! I was monitored on the NST and had a few big contractions but nothing consistent. We did an ultrasound (more below) and another cervical check. Cervix is ready to go at 75% but no change in dilation... boo! He did a pretty rigorous membrane strip which hurt pretty darn bad and said he'd be surprised if I don't go into labor on my own in the next 2 days! We go back tomorrow morning for another NST and cervical check and we can decide when to schedule induction, which is totally up to us (we could have done it last night if we wanted but I really want to try on my own). The latest we will go is early next week which is good to know we won't be pregnant forever!
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, a few real contractions, and random aches/pains. We downloaded a contraction timer and had to start timing a few sporadic ones last night, nothing worth calling the doctor over. Come on pain!