Sleeping: a sore subject the past few days. Ford had been sleeping really great before he got this nasty cold. He goes to bed about 8pm (funny how once you start a routine, he starts rubbing his eyes and is ready for bed at 8) and had been sleeping 8-10 hour stretches, quick nurse, then 2-3 hours more. The poor guy can't breathe at night with this cold so we are up a few times to clear his nose and nurse to help it clear up. He is no longer swaddled at night, we kind of stopped cold turkey when we were in Ohio this month, not because he rolled over but because at night I could sometimes hear him getting frustrated in his swaddles and all I had to do was unvelcro them and he was happy. He sleeps in either a long sleeved onesie or footies (depending on the weather) and a sleep sack. He sleeps in our bathroom in the Rock and Play and once he kicks this congestion we plan on moving him to a flat surface, hopefully his crib, in his own room. He's getting a lot better at naps during the day. He naps about 1-2 hours in the morning and about 2 in the afternoon and has gotten good about sleeping in his carseat and staying asleep if we are on the go. When we are home, I mandate naps and put him down awake which he isn't a huge fan of. He is such a fighter of sleep and will fuss but fall asleep pretty quick.
- Went to Dallas to visit Cori and Embry and went to Pumpkin Village at the Dallas Arboretum, Halloween storytime at the library, and lots of fun lunch dates with mimi
- Celebrated Ford's first Halloween with a fun BBQ with lots of babies (Ford was a garden gnome) and then handing out candy on the 31st as a skeleton.
- Flew on his 8th flight to Cleveland Ohio to see his "abuela" get married. Ford got to meet lots of his dad's family including his great grandpa Hart which was very special.
- Mimi babysat Ford a few times for mama to run errands or get away with dad
- Our cousin Claire came this past weekend to love on Ford, pictures to come!
- Our first MOPS meeting this Friday
- Ford is getting dedicated at our church next week and we are really looking forward to celebrating this precious time
- Family pictures on the 23rd with Jennifer Stamps!
- Ford's first Thanksgiving...we will celebrate at my mom's with the whole family. Last year we found out we were pregnant the Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/24) as we were putting up our Christmas tree and can't wait to put up the tree this year and remember that special day.