I am always looking for easy crockpot recipes to feed a crowd. This particular recipe came to the rescue when we hosted my family for a last minute Mother's Day lunch and I knew I wouldn't have time to prepare food after church. I love recipes where I have all the ingredients on hand too. This crockpot BBQ beer chicken did not disappoint!
Ingredients- serves 8-10
3lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8oz bottle of beer (I used a Shiner)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, 16-18oz
Sandwich fixings- buns, specialty cheeses (Muenster was delish!), jalepenos
1. Place chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot
2. Mix in spices, beer, and BBQ sauce
3. Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low depending on your crockpot
4. Be sure to shred the meat as you go
5. Serve warm on buns and with toppings of your choice!