We are huge fans of cauliflower in our household and are always looking for new ways to prepare it. Our two favorite ways are roasted and they taste like french fries and mashed like homemade mashed potatoes. Yum! It was no surprise that the day after I pinned this recipe and asked Jon what he wanted for dinner this week, this was the front runner. We ate more than half the pan for dinner and the leftovers were gone by lunch the next day. SO GOOD!
1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
Olive oil spray
2 cups pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Toppings of your choice: Pepperonis, cooked sausage, sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, chopped peppers....the sky's the limit! And amount is up to you.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat cauliflower pieces in olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, turning half way
4. Mix cooked cauliflower with pizza sauce, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and any toppings.
5. Spread evenly into a 9x13 in baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella, Parmesan, and toppings. Sprinkle with oregano
6. Lower oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.