- Snacks! Pack a few of your baby's favorite snacks and then pack 5 more. Easy, clean, small snacks are the best so you don't fill up their tummies within the first few minutes. Oyster crackers and Honey Rice Chex are my favorite snacks to feed Ford lately because I can put a few at a time on a tray and it takes him a while.
- Wear baby. I haven't worn Ford in the Ergo for a few months but decided to bring it on our trip on a whim and I am SO glad I did. Because he is such a climber I was able to strap him on me so he'd stay in one place. This helped for nap time because my back was supported.
- iPad/Kindle/laptop- Ford isn't quite to the age yet where movies or games will entertain him for more than a few minutes but I know they are great for older toddlers. We packed our iPad and never got it out. Ford loves the
- Direct flights or short total travel time- unfortunately you can't get to many places on a direct flight from Austin so we choose the flights with the least amount of travel time.
- If your baby can nap on the go, pick a flight during nap time. We tried to keep Ford on schedule throughout our entire trip, adjusting for time zones, and that worked really well.
- Always check with the counter to see if it is a full flight. If not, get on early (if flying Southwest) or ask for an entire row so you have extra room for your lap child.
The next flight we are taking is sans Ford in a few weeks (eeeek). It may be a while before his next flight but what are your tips for flying with a toddler?