I'm at it again. Asian inspired meals make my husband happy and anything I can throw in the crockpot makes me even happier. This dinner came together so quickly and was absolutely delicious. Dare I say the leftovers were even yummier throughout the week for lunch? We are huge fans of Kings Hawaiian bread and using the buns and rolls makes a huge difference. Did you know they just came out with Kings Hawaiian sliced bread?! You're welcome.
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Sriracha
2 tsp toasted seasame oil
(I left out 1 tbsp fresh ginger, I don't like the flavor)
3lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, raw
Coleslaw and buns
1 bag/4 cups raw broccoli slaw
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar
2 tsp Srirach
1 tsp sesame oil
Buns (we used Kings Hawaiian slider buns)
1. Mix together all ingredients above chicken in a medium bowl.
2. Lay chicken in crockpot and top with sauce mixture
3. Cook 4-6 hours, depending on your crockpot (mine cooks super fast)
4. Mix together coleslaw ingredients and let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes
5. Once chicken is cooked, pull apart with two forks
6. Top buns with chicken and coleslaw.
My picture is not great but take my word for it and make these!