You read that right. Not puppy chow. Poppy chow. I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest and brought it to my parent's house for a BBQ. You probably have most of the ingredients on hand and it will take you about 5 minutes to make!
1 and 1/2 bags of popped pop corn (not the super buttery or kettle corn, just regular)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Put the pop corn in a LARGE bowl
2. In a smaller bowl, use the microwave to melt the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter. Stir in vanilla
3. Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn and with a spatula or large spoon, stir and mix until the popcorn is fully coated with the chocolate/peanut butter
4. Sift the powdered sugar over the popcorn until evenly covered.
5. Let the chocolate set for about 30 minutes before serving
The poppy chow was pretty darn delicious but I must say I like the crunch of real puppy chow a bit more. Needless to say, it was fun to try a new recipe!