Hi y'all! I normally have a plan for what to post each day but I couldn't think of what I wanted to post this morning. As I was getting ready, wishing I could hop back in bed and spend the day watching movies with my hubby...I figured I would just post some weekend randoms because we had a great weekend! No we didn't attend a fancy soiree or keg party but we had a fabulous time eating crap, watching movies and soaking up the sun. Here are some randoms from this weekend:
- We have been SUPER obsessed with froyo lately and found the most amazing froyo shop by our house (it is Yogurtland and it is a nation wide franchise). They partner with Ghiradelli so you can imagine how good their chocolate flavors are. Friday night Jon was bummed because his favorite flavor, Graham Cracker, was no longer offered. He is considering calling their corporate HQ and begging for its return
- Since Netflix is now doubling in price (eye roll), we have been trying to watch tons of movies to feel like we are getting our monies worth. Thursday we watched Slumdog Millionaire (one of our favorites) and if I could, I would go adopt 10 littles from Mumbai. They are so cute. Friday night we watched Casino which if you can believe, is longer than Harry Potter! It is one of my hubby's favorite movies and it turned out to be really good. Check out how young Mr. De Niro is (oh and Joe Pesci...I couldn't help but to think of Home Alone when he would speak)
- Saturday Jon made a delicious breakfast...fried eggs, muenster cheese and skirt steak on bagel thins...try it! We went to Home Depot and browsed every aisle (because we are cool like that). Currently we are loving everything HGTV and are so excited to start the home buying process in a couple of months. We've talked about buying a house that needs some work, nothing architectural, just cosmetic and neither of us really knew what "stuff" costs so we looked at appliances, granite, wood floors, lighting. It was fun and boy the people at Home Depot have awesome customer service (one guy even said to my husband "man you must lift weights", needless to say it made his day!). We also went to Home Goods where Jon was loving this kitty pillow. Jon grew up with tons of cats and is now highly allergic (blessing in disguise because we would probably have 10 cats if he wasn't allergic)
- I have been craving Chick Fila SO bad lately (if you ain't from Texas, you are missing out, they have the most delicious chicken sandwiches and waffle fries and some damn cute marketing). Google told us there was one 3 miles from our house (we live North Central Austin and there are so few chains around us so that's why we had to use the WWW). Turns out it was in one of the dorms at The University of Texas and we weren't about to deal with parking, hanging out with college freshman so we went to our first date place, Kerby Lane. KL is a 24 hour funky Austin gem known for their breakfast and tattooed, mohawked, pierced wait staff. We ALWAYS get breakfast when we go but I was craving a turkey sandwich. I was thoroughly disappointed with the amount of meat that was on my sandwich (the size of a penny) and we got it for free. We love that place so much that it doesn't scare me away, I just know that I should always get breakfast!
- We fell asleep on the couch watching When In Rome (a Netflix instant watch) and I don't think it was from the food coma. It was kinda funny and cute but mostly just dumb.
- Note to self: go to the gym at 730pm on Saturday nights. Normally our gym is jam packed on the weekends, especially with college kids and it was nice to actually be able to use the machines! We are so lame
- We ate Campbell's Chunky Soup and egg sandwiches for dinner...yep we are livin' the life...and my little sister came over to hang after she got off babysitting.
- Sunday morning we got Torchy's tacos for breakfast since we'd only eaten their regular tacos. I wasn't that impressed with their breakfast, I guess since their regular tacos are so out of this world, I expected better. Check out my post about Torchy's here.
- We dropped off Ernie at my parents house and went to church. We sat next to a brand new baby, probably 2 weeks old and I was in heaven. He was squirming, hiccuping and sucking on his binky, so cute! A few minutes later, Jon looked at me with fear in his eyes and then I smelt it. This 8 lb cutie pie was stewing up something nasty in his diaper. OMG! Awful!! But it was funny. Church was great. Our church is offering the opportunity to sponsor a child from Haiti and for some reason that really spoke to us. We are praying about it.
- We went to the gym by our church then spent the rest of the afternoon at my parents pool with our friends Justin and Leah. It has been so darn hot in Austin and the pool felt so good! We are a little crispy today but it was totally worth it. Ernie was a little fish in the pool and therefore was exhausted on the way home.
- To end our weekend of not so healthy eating, we picked up Phil's Icehouse which is the greatest burger place known to man. I wanted to take a few pics but the take out bags smooshed our food. It was still delicious. Jon got the sampler, 3 little burgers, 1 with bbq sauce/cheese/onions, 1 smothered in chili and 1 with blue cheese. I got my chicken sandwich fix with sweet potato fries. Jon also surprised me with a chocolate milkshake. Go big or go home right?
- We spent the remainder of the evening watching some House Hunters and the Mecum Auto Auction.
Sometimes you just need a weekend to relax and rejuvenate and this weekend was just that, my husband is the best company. We both have a busy week but were happy to selfishly spend the entire weekend doing a whole lot of nothing together :-)