I've said it before, we are a meat and potatoes kind of family. I like cooking healthy but you will never see us on a Paleo or Atkins diet, we love our food too much! One of mine and Jon's favorite sides is mashed potatoes so when I came across this recipe for skinny mashed potatoes with garlic and kale, I knew I had to give it a try. Jon basically liked the plate clean when I made kale chips so I knew he'd be up for trying this. These will definitely be making a regular appearance in our kitchen, they are delicious and creamy without feeling guilty.
5 larget russet potatoes, rinsed
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
2 tbsp low fat cream cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup kale, wilted (or more if you'd like)
Salt and pepper
1. Wash and cut the potatoes into quarters and boil for 6-8 minutes until they are soft
2. Wash your kale and massage it with your hands to wilt
3. Saute garlic with 1/2 tbsp olive oil about 3-4 minutes
4. Remove potatoes from heat and drain access water.
5. Add chicken broth, sour cream, cream cheese and garlic and mix with a handheld mixer or immersion blender
6. Stir in kale
7. Liberally add salt and pepper to taste