Leave it to Chelsea to post recipes on her blog that instantly have my mouth watering. This soup recipe was more than pin worthy... it was, "I have to go to the store NOW so we can make this soup ASAP." I modified the original a bit to make a larger batch and man were the leftovers such a treat.
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery
2 cups diced white onion
3 tsp minced garlic
2-4 tbsp olive oil
6 slices of bacon
4 cups chopped broccoli
5 russet potatoes, washed, peeled, and cubed
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup shaker Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the bacon and chop into bite sized/topping sized pieces (my favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven)
2. Meanwhile, in the bottom of a large pot, saute the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in the olive oil until tender
3. Add cubed potatoes and broccoli and cook until soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add more olive oil if needed.
4. Pour in chicken broth and let simmer over low heat for 20 min
5. Stir in the heavy cream, crumbled bacon, and Parmesan cheese and allow soup to thicken a bit.