Okay y'all. If you know me "in real life" or have taken a quick skim over my sweet treats dessert Pinterest board, you'd know I have an obsession with anything chocolate/peanut butter. Reeses are my weakness and you can find me dipping just about anything into a mixture of peanut butter and Nutella. No surprise that these chocolate peanut butter cup cookies me salivate at the mouth, I don't think I've tasted a better cookie. Honestly. We had to bring the leftovers to community group one night because Jon and I were averaging 3-4 cookies a day...not great for the waistline. Enjoy the heck out of these decadent cookies!
Ingredients- makes 24 small cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
6 tbsp coco powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter, lightly melted
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
2 cups peanut butter cups, divided (this was about 30 of the individually wrapped Reeses cups)
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and milk. Use a mixer to beat until smooth.
3. Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat until dough is formed, it will be thick.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter cups
5. Scoop 1 inch balls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
6. Use remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter cups and press on top of the cookies
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will look super soft when done but don't overcook! Take them out of the oven and let cool, they will get harder.
8. Try not to eat them all!
Unwrapping 30 peanut butter cups was quite tedious and messy!