I'm realizing how food oriented my blog is becoming but it is motivating in a way! I mean who doesn't want to take the easy way out and order Thai food or heat up a hot pocket (I am a hot pocket offender when my hubby is out of town...welp). I have actually been enjoying attempting new recipes and I think Jon is finally used to modeling with our dinner for pictures!
Jon and I spent the earlier part of the week watching my little brother while my parents were away on a cruise so we came home to an almost empty fridge. I threw together the most random meal but we were both pulling a 'What About Bob' moment.
2 cups cooked boneless chicken breast, cubed
1/2 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 can corn, drained
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
1 pkg (8-1/2 oz.) corn muffin mix
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Mix together the cubed chicken, tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning and water. Set aside
2. Prepare the corn bread according to the box
3. Pour the chicken mixture into an un-greased loaf pan and top with shredded cheese
4. Pour the prepared cornbread mix over the chicken/cheese and make sure it is evenly spread
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
6. Let cool for 5-10 minutes (IT WILL BE HOT!) and dig in!
*I used the diced tomatoes with diced jalapenos so it was a tad spicy!