You're lying if you say you aren't a huge fan of chicken pot pie! The drawback about CPP is not many restaurants serve it and the frozen ones are mediocre. Since I've been obsessed with my crockpot, I thought I'd give some homemade chicken pot pie a try following no recipe...that's my style. Jon and I found this meal delicious but bare with me if it needs tweaking.
2lb raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (I use the carrot, pea, corn and green bean mix)
5 medium potatoes cubed
Garlic powder and salt to season
1 tube of biscuits (I use the Pillsbury whole wheat)
1. Cut up the raw chicken breasts into cubes or tenders and add to crockpot
2. Cover chicken breasts with cream of chicken soup and stir in potatoes.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours stirring occasionally and breaking up the chicken pieces
4. 30 minutes before eating, add the whole package of frozen veggies and stir to make sure they are fully combined. Sprinkle with garlic and salt (to taste) and let finish cooking.
5. Bake the biscuits according to the instructions and serve warm with the chicken pot pie.