Who the heck doesn't love Nutella? If you've never had a taste of it, you are missing out a little piece of heaven. It is advertised as a spread (like peanut butter) but simply eating it out of the jar is satisfying enough. I stumbled upon this recipe and knew I must try it!
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup Nutella
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars and mix in Nutella until smooth
- Add in egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix and stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 1/2-1 hour, it makes the batter so much easier to work with
- Drop batter onto greased baking sheets in 1 inch balls
- Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes
**The recipe said to bake for 10 minutes and I was weary because the cookies were literally falling apart and still so doughy but I let them cool on racks and they hardened quite a bit. They were a little crispier than I expected, still UH-MAY-ZING but weird right? Next time I'm going to play with the temperature/baking time.