- Plan activities- look at your schedule, decide how much you have time/energy for, and start calling friends. Even if it is just a quick park date with a neighbor, you will have adult conversation and if your kids are older, they can run off energy
- Plan food ahead of time- make a big meal or 2 ahead of time that way you aren't scrounging for ideas while trying to bath babies, read to toddlers, and feed the dog all by yourself.
- Treat yourself- find a new show on Netflix (Scandal!!!), pour a glass of wine, or read celebrity gossip magazines. You deserve it. Laundry, vacuuming, and dishes can wait.
- Tell someone- make sure to tell a few neighbors or close friends that you are gonna be a single mom for the week. It's nice to be invited over or checked on throughout the week and know someone is thinking of you.
- Remember it is temporary- I don't know how you single parents do it but I want to give you a giant hug. You rock. When we have hard days I remind myself that everything is a phase and tomorrow will be totally different. And when we have hard days while Jon is gone, I feel peace when I remember he is coming back. I love the days Jon comes home, even if he was just gone for a night because all he wants to do is play with Ford and I can exhale for a moment.
Friday, January 17, 2014
Traveling husband with a baby
Labels: mama stuff