We had a friend over last weekend who said, "I thought you only posted the pictures of Ford smiling but he really does smile ALL the time". And that is the biggest blessing we've come to know with our baby boy. Ford is such an animated baby and continues to wow us with how much he knows and how much he is learning. A huge topic of conversation this month has been that he seems like he is a little boy now...playing on his own, discovering new toys and new surroundings, and starting to make preferences for what he does, eats, etc. Each month brings whole new set of challenges and this month has been the two pesky little teeth up that are right under the skin that won't pop through but have given us lots of sleepless nights. I can't believe my baby is getting teeth! I feel like his whole look will change and he'll wake up looking like a toddler. Last week I took this picture of him, looking so grown up.
Dislikes: getting his nose sucked, being hungry, getting something taking away from him
- Crawling backward! He gets up on all fours and starts rocking then scoots backward
- Sitting up very solidly. I can go grab something in the other room and not worry about him falling.
- Standing up (not on his own, we place him) and holding onto toys/couch pretty steady
- Sitting in a shopping cart and loving it! I actually enjoy bringing him to the store now and he gets oogled at by lots of passerby.
- A few sink baths and loving them! He plays so well for 15-20 minutes which gives me time to fold clothes, organize, etc in our room. We give him frozen fruit in the mesh feeder while he's in there and it keeps him very busy. As of last night he started climbing out of his baby bath so we are going to move to the bath ring.
- Actually playing with toys and interacting with baby friends
- Loves his walker and zooms backward
- Opening his mouth for kisses when you say "Ford can I have a kiss"
- Learning to angry grunt/fuss when he is bored or wants our attention.... aye yi yi
- First Valentine's Day! Ford got lots of Valentine's from friends and family and passed out treats to his friends.
- We started the Baby Signing time videos and surprisingly he is entertained for about 10 minutes before getting antsy. We sign "food" and "more" and "all done" while we feed him and he laughs.
- First boat ride on Lake Austin
- Spent a few days in Liberty, MO with Ford's gramma and grampa great
- A short trip to Dallas to hang with cousin Embry
- Started going to childcare at MOPS and the workers love him! We also signed up for childcare at the gym and he did great yesterday and plan on making it a part of our week. Mama break!
- Warmer weather and playing outside
- Going to the Hope Spoken conference at the end of the month
- Traveling to Chicago in early April
- We have got to get Ford a haircut this month! His hair is growing over his ears and getting very long up top
Loving his Baby Signing Time DVDs