I can't get enough of this delicious and healthy spin on a "lasagna". I took this recipe, modified it a bit, and came up with one of the yummiest meals we've had in a while that leaves me feeling full and clean. I've made it twice in the past month.. yes!
1lb ground beef or turkey
3 cloves minced garlic
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 24oz jar marinara sauce (I prefer a garlic flavor)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (more if desired)
1. Brown the meat in a large, deep pan
2. Once cooked, add the garlic, bell peppers, and onions and saute for 5 minutes
3. Pour in marinara sauce, bring to a boil, and remove from heat.
4. Stir in Parmesan cheese
5. Pour a thin layer of sauce in a full sized baking dish
6. Place a layer of zucchini over the sauce, and half of the Mozzarella cheese
7. Pour half of the meat mixture and then repeat. Top with Mozzarella