Soups are great in our house. Since Jon works from home and I stay home, I am always looking for easy and filling lunches so soups do the trick. When I came across this lasagna soup, I knew it'd be a hit in our house. And it's a heck of a lot lighter than a traditional lasagna but just as delicious!
1lb Italian sausage links (or meat of your choice- ground Italian sausage, shredded chicken)
1 medium white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
4 cups (32oz can) chicken broth
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 14.5oz can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
4 whole lasagna noodles broken up into pieces
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp basil
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Stir in sausage, onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook 8-10 minutes until sausage is browned
3. Add broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt, and red pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
4. Add broken lasagna noodles and cook until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, basil, and mozzarella cheese.