We are less than 6 weeks away from welcoming Lucy into our family! I have officially hit the "I am kind of over this pregnancy thing" stage but staying busy chasing after Ford and finishing up last minute projects and organizing the house. Don't get me wrong, I am not emotionally ready for her to be here but physically, my body is ready! The pictures below were taken Sunday, 33w1d. It's kind of funny how many of my maternity pieces are horizontal stripes, definitely not slimming!
- I went to the doctor yesterday for a routine visit and I got good news and bad news. My blood sugars are looking great (thanks to my diet) and I don't have to be put on medication to regulate. I just have to get my fasting blood sugar tested at my next few appointments and we should be fine. Bad news is my blood platelets are low again. If you recall, I had low counts with Ford which required me to be put fully under during my surgery and Jon couldn't be with me. Long story short, there is nothing I can do about it right now because the shelf life of platelets is just a few days so we will test in a few weeks right before my surgery. If they are low, we will come up with a plan, either steroids or a possible blood transfusion, in hopes of bumping them up so I can be awake during my surgery. Even though I've been through this before, I feel sad and discouraged because there was only a 1% chance of it happening to me again. I know whatever happens is in God's will for me, I am praying Jon can be with me for Lucy's birth. I would love your prayers too.
- I got to see my sweet girl in an ultrasound and everything looked great. She is measuring 4lbs 13oz and the doctor thinks she will be in the high 7's at birth.
- I've gained 22lbs total
- We took our family/maternity pictures last week with Mallorie Owens. I can't wait to show them to you!
- Taking Zofran twice a day instead of just at night, boo. I feel like I am getting sicker the more pregnant I get :(. I was completely off of Zofran at week 34 with Ford, and prior to then was just taking it as needed.
- I think I wake up about 5-7 times at night to pee and have been struggling to go back to sleep. Thank goodness for naps!
- Lots of sharp movements from Lucy as she gets bigger and runs out of room in my belly.
- Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, some are even pretty painful.
I've kept a list of things I wanted in "girly" prints ever since we found out we were having a girl. I am a huge fan of hand me downs but some things a girl has got to have of her own and one of those is swaddle blankets! Ford still uses his swaddle blankets for comfort/security at night in his crib so I knew I needed to get Lucy some of her own. These Weegoamigo muslin swaddle blankets could not be more adorable and are the perfect addition to Lucy's collection. The colors match her room and they are oh so soft. I plan on wrapping her up in the pink one for her newborn photos too! I love that the blankets are 100% natural muslin and super light making them versatile to use throughout the hot Texas summer (as a nursing cover, carseat cover, light swaddle when we are outside).