I somehow ended up with a ton of frozen blackberries in my freezer and stumped as to how to use them. I stocked up on fresh berries when I was trying to raise my blood platelets before I had Lucy (and that royally failed) and I finally got around to using them. I made a blackberry pie for my sister's baby shower (so good) and found this recipe for blackberry muffins and y'all. They taste like cupcakes. I feel healthy when I eat muffins but these taste like dessert. Jon and Ford both love them which is a plus. I think they will be a staple in our house and I may try to mix it up and add other fruits next time.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
2 cups white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 cups of blackberries, the more the merrier
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp sugar
*this makes 12 big muffins or 24 mini muffins
1. Mix together all the ingredients listed above the blackberries to make the better. I used my stand mixer which makes it super easy but you can mix by hand or with a hand mixer.
2. Soak the blackberries in the lemon juice and 2 tbsp sugar for a few minutes. Stir to make sure all of the berries are coated
3. Fill lined muffin tins half full with batter
4. Scoop a few blackberries in each tin, over the batter. I used a fork so there was little juice that made it into the muffin tins (you don't want to add more liquid to the batter)
5. Top with remaining half of batter to cover the blackberries
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-16 minutes
7. Let cool and try not to eat 10!