Who doesn't love mac and cheese? Crickets...
And as delicious as it is, the nutrition isn't always as desirable. I came across this recipe for quinoa mac and cheese and knew I had to try it. I am always looking for ways to "healthy up" some of our favorite recipes. I have to admit, it didn't taste like mac and cheese to me but it was great! I will definitely be making this as a healthy side for future dinners.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup milk
1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (plus some for sprinkling)
1. Cook the quinoa as per instructions (salt the water)
2. Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl
3. Stir in cooked (and drained) quinoa and cheese until cheese is melted
4. Season with season salt
5. Pour over greased full 9x13 baking dish and top with Panko bread crumbs
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes