Hi friends, family and new followers, it is good to see you :). Thank you to everyone who tuned in to our House Hunters episode on Friday night, all I can say is wow! At one point, I looked around my living room and thought to myself, 'how did I get so lucky to have all these people in my life'. The texts, emails, tweets, Facebook and blog comments...we really felt the love!
It was incredibly surreal seeing myself and Jon on TV. Watching it live, it didn't seem real and it flew by. We had people over until after 1am (and stayed up til 3 with my sister, record for us!) and it was on in the background throughout the night. It wasn't until late Saturday night Jon and I sat down and watched it again. I must say...Ernie stole the show. Was he not the cutest thing?
1. Waiting on his friends to comeover
2. Sweet bloggers came to cheer me on
3. My sweet hubby
1. Getting swabbed for Be The Match (my girlfriend works there and swabbed almost all of our guests!)
2. Lots of screen shots but this is my favorite...sleeping Chunky
3. Hey I am on TV!
They showcased my blog quite a bit on the show (and disclaimer...they made me say "this would look great on my blog" a LOT! Cheesy yes but we had nothing to do with editing haha) and I wasn't sure what that would do for my blog. Like I said, the whole thing was surreal and people kept saying, check your blog stats! I love this picture Brittany caught of me looking at my blog. I am excited for what's to come for this little blog of mine!
I didn't have my camera but it was passed around during the night and it was fun looking through pictures people took.
My 2 favorite pictures of the night
It was fun getting comments from people who happened to watch the show and search my blog. I hope you guys stick around :). I had a lot of questions about the show (and about my obsession with fixtures haha) so I thought I'd write a little about our experience...
- Our producer and crew made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera!! It was never awkward or weird. I can see it being weird to film in front of an audience but we weren't having to do any dramatic acting. Our realtor also kicked butt, if you are in Austin and looking for a realtor, you'd be silly not to use Johnny Henion from Outlaw Real Estate.
- I am not crazy. Lol! I mean guys come on, who doesn't want all their fixtures to match. They played up that story a LOT. Heck we bought the house with 3 different fixtures in the bathrooms and I am doing just fine with it. Funny thing is they filmed a lot about Jon hating pedestal sinks and it never made it to the show!
- We did not see the episode before it aired, nor had any idea what the story line would be
- Jon played competitive ping pong at Baylor in college and now plays at the Austin Table Tennis Club
- The timing didn't work out for us to film at our old house so we filmed a lot at my parents house. If you want to see a video from our old house, check out this post.
- I wish they would have shown more of our house AFTER we moved in. Since they've filmed, we have done a LOT to the house. I am thinking of doing a video tour? Would you guys like that?
- I work in marketing for a software company here in Austin. It was kind of weird how they cut that off?
- Mine and Jon's faces are on our cornhole boards :-)
- When they filmed us in the car in Belterra, our check engine light had just turned on and Jon was paranoid it would be shown on the show. And yep, it did. Don't worry we got an oil change!
- Speaking of Belterra, it is about 45 minutes from Steiner Ranch to give you an idea of how far it was. It is kind of in the middle of nowhere. It would be an hour plus commute to work for me.
- The 90's comment...hahahahahahah
The best part of the whole experience was sharing it with YOU. Thank you for the love, support and being so dang excited for us! We love you!