The weirdest things happen to me when Jon travels and I always want to tweet them but for privacy sake, I wait until he is back home. He usually travels 1-2 nights a week which isn't bad most of the time but when it's 3 full days, it sucks. Luckily he comes home this afternoon, yay!
Here are some random ramblings about a traveling husband
- Ernie huffs and puffs when he sees Jon packing a suitcase and if I am home, he crawls right into my lap
- Stuff always breaks...our A/C, fence, etc. Never fails!
- Monday night I saw blue flashing lights outside and crept up to the front window to see what the fuss was about and it was a group of elementary aged kiddos with flashlights and head lights. I was pretty sure it was going to be 10 cop cars and a drug bust and then I remembered I live in the burbs now.
- You can almost always find me sprawled on the couch wearing Jon's boxers and a ratty tank top, eating chips out of the bag, catching up on TV
- Lately I have been falling asleep to shows on my laptop in bed
- Ernie always sleeps in Jon's spot when he is gone. I also tend to sleep sideways.
- I stay up late when Jon is gone but fall asleep so easy when he is home. I promise I like him :-)
- I eat the most random things but it's usually along the lines of cereal, peanut butter sandwiches, entire jars of hummus, ice cream sandwiches or if I am lucky, leftovers. And I usually eat standing up, while simultaneously washing dishes, tweeting, and watching the latest episode of Teen Mom. Last night dinner was spinach dip, pita chips and a Tookies cake in a jar.
- I like to get chores done when he's gone. I would rather the time Jon IS home be spent doing fun stuff rather than laundry or yard work so if I can, I will mow the lawn and I always do laundry.
- I also love doing crafts when he's gone. Often times he will come home and find Ernie covered in fabric scraps or dried hot glue on his paws haha
- I am used to getting 2am text messages from Jon when he gets back to his hotel. He is normally entertaining customers and at their mercy...IT guys sure like to have a good time.
I always make him send me pics when he's gone, he's a total blog husband...I've trained him well.
I used to be scared out of my mind when I would sleep at home alone (we also used to live in a stilted cabin in the woods and would often encounter deer in our driveway) but now it's a piece of cake. Actually remind me not to watch Pretty Little Liars late at night, love that show but it's freaky haha. Do I wish Jon didn't travel? Of course. But he is doing his best to provide and serve our family and it comes with the job. He has a great team of coworkers and always spends his travel time productively. He is good about piling up meetings and being gone for as little time as possible. He also makes it a point to catch up with old friends when he travels to their cities (he is usually in Houston or Dallas every week).
Does your significant other travel? Do you have any weird rituals when he/she does?