My sister's mother in law made this years ago and it is the only lasagna I've ever REALLY enjoyed. I can't even tell you how much better it is than your normal meat sauce lasagna. Oh man, you will just have to try for yourself!
1lb Italian sausage links
*1 clove minced garlic
*1 tbsp chopped parsley
*1 tbsp basil
*1 tbsp Italian seasoning
*1lb can diced petite tomatoes
*2 6oz cans tomato paste
10 oz Barilla lasagna noodles
24 oz carton large curd cottage cheese
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
About 1lb mozzarella cheese, more if you'd like (you can use sliced or shredded)
1. Cook the sausages with your preferred method. I boil them in water then pan sear until cooked through. You could grill if you'd like. Let cool, slice, and put into a large pot.
2. Add the starred ingredients to the sausages, add 1/2 cup water and simmer for 30 min
3. Meanwhile, cook your lasagna noodles according to the packaging (I prefer the cook kind rather than no bake) and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese and next 5 ingredients (eggs, salt, pepper, parsely, Parmesan).
5. Now the fun starts! Pour a little bit of the sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish to coat (I used 2 8x8 pans for this batch so I could freeze one). Layer noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese twice. End with a layer of noodles and top with mozzarella.