I love pizza. I love tacos. Why not mix the two?
Y'all this recipe forever changed our lives. It is that good. And it is even good leftover! Score! Okay I need to hurry up and finish this post because I am craving a piece and funny enough (okay not funny)... I ate the last piece last night for dinner. Sigh. I will just have to make it again.
1 lb ground beef/turkey
1 package taco seasoning
1 10oz can refrigerated pizza dough
1 16oz can refried beans
2.5 cups shredded Colby Jack chese
1 cup diced tomatoes
*optional- mushrooms, olives, peppers
1. Brown the meat, drain grease, and prepare taco meat according to the seasoning packet
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 and unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
3. Spread beans on top of the cooked dough and top with taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, and any other toppings of your choice.
4. Return to the 375 degree oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
5. Top with shredded lettuce and salsa and enjoy!