I had this recipe pinned for years (not even joking) and finally made it for our Halloween Hootenanny last weekend! I knew people would bring cookies and brownies and baked good sweets so I wanted to have something that was sweet and easy to snack on. I didn't follow the recipe too closely and that is my favorite type of recipe!
Ingredients- choose as much or little as you want, go through your cabinets and add what you already have! You want the bulk of your mix to be carby (cereal/pretzels) with hints of sweet.
Honey Chex cereal
Peanut butter chips
Dry roasted peanuts
White chocolate bark
1. Like I said above, get creative with what you use. I used 6 cups Honey Chex, 4 cups mini pretzels, 2 bags candy corn, 1 bag peanut butter chips, and 1 package of white chocolate bark. Use your best judgement.
2. Mix all ingredients, besides white chocolate, in a large bowl. Stir to completely combine.
3. Melt white chocolate in the microwave.
4. Pour over the snack mix and use a rubber spatula to make sure each piece is coated.
5. Spread snack mix over parchment paper and let harden for 1-2 hours.
6. Break into chunks and serve!
In a few weeks you can bust out the red and green M&Ms and make a Christmas snack mix!