- I am helping a friend gather items for her mission trip to Haiti in a couple of weeks. She is collecting non-perishable food, clothing (all sizes), shoes, toiletries, games, etc. If you are an Austinite and have been meaning to drop off a bag to Goodwill, let me know!! The earthquake took over 300,000 two years ago yesterday and the country is still in depression.
- Did you see my green onions post on Twitter or Facebook? If you put the bulbs in a glass of water in the sun, they will grow indefinitely! This is after 1 week
- I also posted a picture of an ongoing notepad my husband has in his phone of my sleep talking. I could barely breathe when I was reading these...if only I could remember my dreams!
- If you need help with branding, website design, logos, photoshop, etc, you should check out Hey Sweet Pea. I had a Skype call with Elise to help me with Photoshop (who started and runs the biz w/her fiance) and she is awesome!! We are only a short 3 hour car ride away...hopefully someday we can meet!
- I mentioned it yesterday on FB but 2 years ago on 1/12/2010, an earthquake devastated the people of Haiti. Jon and I sponsor a cute little guy in Haiti and we encourage you to visit Mission of Hope for more information on how you can help make a difference.
- Awesome auto-correct from last weekend. I was with my bestie on her wedding day and just got my makeup done.
- Ernie being a cute little human baby boy sleeping
- Have you all seen this video about religion vs. God? I think it is a great video, you should definitely watch but I do want to say that I love my church and love the community we have at church. Not every church is judgmental, I promise. If you are skeptical, you should come to church with me :-)
- We haven't had a free night in over a week and looking into the next 2 weeks, we have 2. One being Saturday (thank God!). Tonight we are getting together with friends we haven't seen in forever and I can't wait to see
themtheir sweet baby boy! Tomorrow we are going to look at houses. It seems like there are NO houses for sale right now so we are trying to be optimistic. We are so excited to have something to call our own.
- We our dog sitting our neighbors/friends white little Scottie dog, Daisy. Ernie is funny and submits so easily to her! They are the same size and having lots of fun together (and being CRAZY...but good). Isn't she a cutie!
- We put cottage cheese on EVERYTHING. I used to hate it when I'd make a lovely meal and Jon would smother it in cottage cheese but now I am the same. It kind of replaces sour cream but is so much better and a great added source of protein. Jon was traveling last night so I had leftover Pad See Ew with cottage (we are also really into Thai food right now)
- I am traveling to San Jose in a couple weeks for work again so Jon is going to fly up at the end of my trip and we are going to spend a few days in San Francisco! I love that city and Jon's only been for work. Can't wait to do all the touristy things again. Any restaurant recommendations?
- We loved the movie Lincoln Lawyer and someone recommended The Client and we watched it this week. It was SO good. Kind of sad knowing Brad Renfro OD'ed a couple years ago because he was so good in it. I also love Susan Sarandon. Anyone have recommendations for lawyer-ish, good, drama type movies like these two? Today we got The Burbs on Netflix
- I made more of these wanna-be Butterfingers last night...I'm thinking they should be a staple in our house at all times
- My lower back is killing me from kickboxing earlier this week. I broke my back in 2003 so I always have issues with it but I really want to strengthen it...I just HATE lower back workouts. Do you have any lower back workouts you'd like to share??
So now you can answer the million questions I asked in this post haha. And also tell me what random things you have going on. What are you doing this weekend?