Cheese? Yes. Fried? Yes. Sign me up! These oven fried ravioli are a delicious main dish but would also be the perfect finger food appetizer for a party. My Italian hubby gobbled them up and they made great leftovers throughout the week!
1 lb frozen cheese ravioli (about 40 pieces)
2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup whole wheat four
1 3/4 Italian Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup regular Italian breadcrumbs
3 tbps grated Romano cheese (can subsitute with Parmesan or mozzarella)
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Boil the ravioli for half of the time the package suggests (abour 2 min)
2. Beat the egg whites and egg in a shallow bowl
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, breadcrumbs, cheese, and a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Let the cooked ravioli dry and cool and then one by one, dip into the egg wash and coat in the bread crumb mixture
5. Place ravioli on a foil lined baking sheet
6. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-18 minutes until browned and crispy