I pretty much make 99.9% of the recipes Meagan posts on her blog, A Zesty Bite. Do my pictures look as pretty? Heck no! But this girl can cook! I've been trying to find easy ways to add more seafood to our diets and I've had a hankering for shrimp lately. We had my parents over for dinner the night I made these enchiladas and they were a huge hit! And I loved how easy they were to make.
1 tbsp olive oil
1lb shrimp, peeled, and cut in half
8oz chopped or shredded crab
1 15oz can red enchilada sauce
2 tbsp light sour cream
1 medium onion, diced
3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
10 corn tortillas
Green onions to garnish
1. In a large pan, cook the onions in the olive oil until soft
2. Add in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are a pink color
3. Remove from heat and stir in the crab meat
4. Combine all cheeses in a bowl
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and enchilada sauce
6. In a large casserole dish, pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom and top with 3 corn tortillas (you may tear them in half).
7. Top with 1 cup shrimp/crab/onion mix, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, and 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture
8. Top with corn tortillas and repeat the steps above with 2 more layers. You should end up with the sauce and cheese on top (you can really just layer how you want!)
9. Top with chopped green onions
10. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
*I am lucky I even snapped a picture before we dug into this!