When I saw this recipe on Meg's blog, I knew I had to make it. We made it 2 days later :-). Jon and I love making soups but have never made a homemade chicken noodle. It was fun to make the noodles too!
Ingredients- approx. 5 good sized servings
3 small/medium chicken breasts
1.5 cups carrots, chopped
1.5 cups celery, chopped
1.5 cups onion, chopped
1 cup flour
6 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut your chicken breasts into cubs and pan sear them until they are no longer pink. I drizzled mine with olive oil and sprinkled with Seasoned Salt.
2. Meanwhile, chop your carrots, celery, and onion
3. Once the chicken is done cooking, place into a large bowl. Lightly saute the carrots, celery, and onion in the same pan using the juices from the chicken. This should take 3-5 minutes for the veggies to get soft.
4. The ratio for the noodles is 1 cup flour to 2 eggs. Mix together in a medium sized bowl...the dough will be very sticky so you may have to use your hands and add a little more flour.
5. Take the dough and roll out pretty thin (about 1/2 cm). Cut your noodles with a pizza roller about 1 cm wide and a couple inches long.
6. Combine your chicken broth, cubed chicken and softened veggies and bring to a boil.
7. Add the noodles and cook 2-3 minutes until the noodles rise to the top. Once they rise up, you will know they are done
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!