2.5lbs red potatoes
Salt to taste
8 slices bacon
1 cup sour cream
1 bunch green onions, chopped
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
*makes 8 servings
1. Wash the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch cubes
2. Toss them with a olive oil and salt in a large bowl (use your best judgement, you don't want them to be dry or oozing with oil)
3. Spread them evenly on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 350 degrees until they are tender (about 20-30 minutes depending on your oven)
4. Meanwhile, cook your bacon according to the package (or use pre cooked bacon). Chop into topping sized pieces
5. Once potatoes are tender, set them in a large mixing bowl.
6. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, green onions and bacon.
7. Season with salt and pepper to your liking
8. Transfer into a glass baking or serving dish and microwave to your preferred temperature (I zapped mine for 2-3 minutes before serving)