It's been a while since I had a randoms post but then again all my posts are random. Here is what is going on in my head/life lately...
- I got my renewal notice from Costco in the mail and decided to upgrade my membership. I am a little excited about the executive membership. It is an additional $55 a year but you get 2% cash back on all purchases and if you don't hit the $55 at the end of the year, they reimburse you! (trying not to get mad at myself for not doing it last year since we bought our gym memberships and DSLR camera there but whatever!)
- We finally got the keys to our mailbox. We've been MIA from the real world with the move and House Hunters that we forgot to go to the post office to drop off our HUD. Turns out the post office is 15 miles South of our house (we never go around there) and they were like yep come back next week. UGH! Once we got the keys we couldn't find our mailbox. There is one literally 1 house away so Monday night we went hunting for mailboxes and basically ran a half marathon to find ours.
- The box was FULL to the brim. Exciting except for it was a lot of bills and mortgage documents. But Jon got a few birthday cards...people know how much we love animals doing cute things
- Tuesday night I was crying watching the Biggest Loser. Anyone else do that? It was the week before the finale and they got to see their families, I just felt so proud and happy for them. I am a sap
- I am in LOVE with my new necklace from The Honey Pot! It is actually a hymn :-). For all you Hunger Games freaks...she has Hunger Game necklaces! Check em out here.
- If you live in Austin, I would love to have you come to one of my Zumba classes! See this post for more deets.
- Our house has some rockstar insulation!!!! Our inspector commented on it after our walk thru but we are so lucky we never get direct sunlight (the sun does set in the front-ish, thank goodnes). We've been opening the windows at night and it gets COLD! We are trying to soak it all in now before the 110 degree summer days that are so $$$$$$$$$!
- I finally took the keys to our first two places we lived together off my key chain. Yes I still had the keys to the cabin even though we haven't lived there since March 2011...it was sentimental! I still remember the day Jon gave me a key to his place when we were dating. The two keys are now in our printers box.
- I am turning into my mom...setting up serveware with sticky notes for a dinner we are having tonight (oh yeah and this was Tuesday!)
- I complained in an earlier post about the new blogger interface but thanks to Erin, I switched back!
- I know I mentioned on Twittter I am reading the book Escape by Carolyn Jessop who escaped the FLDS community. I didn't get much reading time before this week and I am officially hooked. It's so bizarre, creepy, sad and humbling. I find myself thanking Jon every time I read for being such a loving husband. I had no idea the FLDS community was full of so much abuse and conflict, it's heartbreaking. Anyway, I highly recommend the book!
- Hmm so what else. We are looking forward to a weekend with no concrete plans, which we haven't had in over a month. We have projects to do around the house and want to do some furniture shopping/painting but other than that...sleeping in, eating, napping, DVRing. I want to cry when I think about how we've been so busy and haven't had a night to relax!
So what random things are going on your life?