I know you are probably thinking, 'what the heck is chicken paprikash?' and I will admit I had never heard of it until I met my hubby. You know those preliminary conversations you have when first dating like "what's your favorite dessert" and "what's your favorite meal"? Jon stumped me with the answer chicken paprikash. I emailed his step mom (I hadn't met her yet) for the recipe and surprised him with his last supper meal. His step mom makes it in the crock pot but I have tweaked the recipe a little and it is super easy to whip up in a half hour.
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground red pepper (aka Cayenne)
1 medium onion
1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
4 chicken breasts
4 cups egg noodles
1. Bake, sear or grill the chicken breasts since they will take the longest
2. Boil water and cook the egg noodles so they are ready to go when the sauce is made
3. Chop the onion to the size of your liking and saute in a pan with olive oil.
4. While onion is cooking, mix the broth, flour, paprika and red pepper in a separate bowl
5. Once onion is done cooking, add the paprika mix to the pan and stir until mixture boils and thickens
6. Stir in the sour cream/yogurt until fully combined
7. Pour the sauce over the egg noodles and eat with chicken
*you can also serve the sauce over dumplings but we prefer the noodles!